Maika’i Loa LLC produces a series of natural products that melt away the discomfort of sore muscles and aching joints. They have recently come out with a new line of products set to release on May 15th – Awesome Balm.
Awesome Balm is an all-natural, handcrafted balm that melts away the discomfort of sore muscles, aching joints, and everyday tension – helping your body to perform at its best. Created by Jerry Iwankiw, a Big Island-based contractor and avid surfer, Awesome Balm contains a unique blend of essential oils derived from natural sources.
After years of beating my body up by performing an intense construction job combined with my active surf life, I was looking for a muscle relief product without chemicals and additives, and one that didn’t contribute to the already terrible plastic waste problem… I was focused on finding a combination of essential oils and powerful ingredients that tackles joint and muscle soreness. I’m excited to bring a product to market that actually works and does so naturally, all while being in 100% plastic-free packaging.Jerry Iwankiw, creator of Awesome Balm
Awesome Balm’s first product release will be its Warming Muscle Melt ($28.00 retail), developed in Hawaii with world-class ingredients including essential oils, seed extracts and proteins found in the following ingredients:
- Kukui Nut Oil – aims at moisturizing, rejuvenating the skin and supporting skin cell health;
- Turmeric – assists with anti-inflammation;
- Arnica Essential Oils – assists with muscle-soothing;
- Beeswax – aims to support anti-allergenic support and soothe irritated skin;
- Coconut Oil – aims to hydrate skin, improve elasticity and collagen production and includes antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin A, that helps to reduce the damage from free radicals and the sun;
- Menthol, Camphor, Ginger, Cayenne – a natural heat-building blend that adds a warming sensation, increases circulation, and eases tension;
When developing the Awesome Balm, Iwankiw was inspired to create a company that was different, while also being good for the planet. Iwankiw insisted on using 100% plastic free packaging, and he designed AWESOME BALM™’s product packaging to include a recycled paper tube inside a recycled paper carton.
For more information about Awesome Balm, please visit www.awesomebalm.com, or via social channels @awesomebalm #awesomebalm.