The 11-City Inaugural Tour Boasts the Next Evolution in Drive-In Entertainment with a Custom Stage for Car-A-Oke, Silent Disco, Live Bands, Trivia, Bingo and More!!!
Rethink everything you thought you knew about the drive-in experience! The innovative minds of XL Event Labs, the creators of The Big Bounce America, announce their newest creation, The Parking Lot Social. The inaugural tour kicks off on June 23rd in Houston, TX, with a free event to local frontline medical staff. The 11-city, limited-engagement event modernizes the traditional drive-in experienced through a supersized, multi-sensory attraction. Guests will enjoy carefully curated entertainment program unlike any other that includes; ‘Car-A-Oke,’ silent disco, live bands, interactive trivia, stand-up comedians, food, drinks, and a whole bunch more!
The Parking Lot Social features the evolution of the ‘drive-in’ experience. Each tour stop will offer five nights of incomparable entertainment focused on having a fantastic night out with the safety of its guests through social distancing. At the event’s core is the main performance space, which will be unlike any other drive in across the country. This one-of-a-kind backdrop will consist of a fully covered stage featuring larger than life inflatable gorillas, a 52ft. tall rainbow-shooting fire hydrant, and two 40ft screens, each capable of comfortably broadcasting to 250 cars. Audio will be transmitted directly from the stage to custom-made wireless headphones, which will be supplied to all guests.
Additionally, there will be an interactive entertainment experience for all ages that will allow families with younger children to enjoy their own special event, titled SocialKids, on select afternoon sessions during each tour stop.
Tickets start at $30 for The Parking Lot Social and SocialKids. They will be available online beginning March 27th. For tickets and the complete The Parking Lot Social schedule, visit: https://theparkinglotsocial.com/.
Guests will enjoy sensory overload during this unique experience. While attending the event, patrons will enjoy the following:
- Car-A-Oke – A live band, two giant screens, and the star of the show… YOU! Sing loud and proud from your car’s comfort and come together in one mass, slightly out of tune, singalong.
- Silent Disco – Presented by Headphone Disco, guests will use wireless headphone technology while we throw a massive silent disco in the parking lot every night.
- Bingo – It’s not your grandma’s bingo! There will be numbers called, and prizes won but get ready for our unique, party twist on the theme.
- Themed Trivia – Prove your trivia prowess as we test your knowledge on various subjects and themes while competing with the entire crowd for prizes.
- Stand-Up Comedy – Relieve some stress through the medicine of laughter as a variety of stand-up acts will ensure endless LOLs in your car.
When hunger hits for the guests of The Parking Lot Social, they will have the opportunity to venture into the Monster Food Village, where itwill feature some of the best local food and drink trucks around. The Parking Lot Social team is working closely with some of the hometown favorites at each tour stop to create a dedicated ‘food village’ that’s sure to cater to everyone’s taste. Social distancing protocols will be in place for all food ordering and handling. Stay safe!
The event was the creation of Grahame Ferguson and Cameron Craig, founders of XL Event Labs. Ferguson discusses what is to be expected in the 2020 summer tour of The Parking Lot Social:
“The Parking Lot Social is interactive entertainment experience that will bring joy to all your senses. Think of it like a mini-festival that takes place right inside your very own car. We’ve used our years of experience in event production to design and build an amazing looking and completely versatile entertainment hub. Everything you’ll see is custom designed, from the stage set up to the screens. The entertainment we’ve programmed is second to none and features experiences and shows that we’ve put on stage at major music festivals, clubs and colleges around the world. It’s a crazy night out that’s SAFE at the same time. You’ll be ‘socially distant’ but 100% together with hundreds of other funseekers. So grab your crew, jump in the car, and take your place at America’s wildest drive-in experience!”
For those lucky enough to have The Parking Lot Social coming to their back yard for only one or two weekends this year, advanced tickets are necessary as the following tour is expected to sell out nationwide. The 2020 summer tour will roll into the following cities.
St. Louis, MO
Amid the new landscape during the COVID-19 pandemic, social distancing and safety for patrons of The Parking Lot Social have been at the forefront in the creation of this event. The entertainment enjoyed at The Parking Lot Social was created for patrons to enjoy without leaving the comfort of their vehicle. Below are the critical safety measures that will ensure the well-being of all attendees throughout the tour:
- Ticketing & Check-In – All tickets for this event must be purchased online, and there will be no on-site box office. On arrival, customers will display tickets on their dashboard or via their phone, and these tickets will be scanned remotely to allow an utterly contactless check-in procedure.
- Traffic Light Wristbands – A welcome pack will be placed on each car’s windshield once it has been safely parked. Within that packet will be separately colored wristbands for each attendee. Each color relates to four different 20-minute windows during the event, at which time the person wearing that color can leave their vehicle. This procedure ensures minimum foot traffic and avoids situations where too many people are out of their cars at the one time.
- Field Capacity – There will be a 250-car capacity per event. Despite the expected demand and the capability to accommodate a much larger number, this capacity allows the management of social distancing most effectively.
- Line Management – Lines for restrooms and food will be subject to social distancing protocols with customers asked to maintain a safe distance from each other. Stewards will be on hand to advise on this and to make sure that the protocols are respected.
- Hand Sanitation – Dedicated hand sanitation stations will be positioned at various locations around the event site. All customers will be encouraged to use these any time they leave the car.
Don’t forget to catch The Parking Lot Social tour through social media by following on:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theparkinglotsocial/
- Instagram: @theparkinglotsocial
- Twitter: @theparkinglotsocial