REPUBLIC RECORDS TO RELEASE THE HIGH NOTE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK ON MAY 29
WATCH “LOVE MYSELF”
Written by Sarah Aarons [Alessia Cara, John Legend, Khalid] and Greg Kurstin [Paul McCartney, P!nk, Céline Dion], “Love Myself” is a pivotal song in the movie performed by Tracee Ellis Ross as “Grace Davis.” This notably marks the first time the actress has released a song, which highlights her dynamic voice as “Grace Davis” and sets the stage for both the record and the film.
Republic Records and Focus Features recently announced the release of The High Note Original Motion Picture Soundtrack available now. The soundtrack will arrive the same day as the film, which will be available on at home on demand.
Produced by GRAMMY® Award-winner Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins [Michael Jackson, Beyoncé], the 15-song Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features new recordings by cast members Ross and Kelvin Harrison, Jr.
Beyond “Love Myself,” Ross delivers stunning performances of “Bad Girl,”“Stop For A Minute,” “New To Me,” and a duet with Harrison, Jr. on “Like I Do.” Additionally, classics from Donny Hathaway, Maxine Brown, and Aretha Franklin as well as the single “Mind Over Matter” by Anthony Ramos round out the tracklisting (see below).
The High Note (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- Love Myself (The High Note) – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Stop For A Minute – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Let’s Stay Together – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Share Your Love with Me – Aretha Franklin
- You Send Me – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Oh No Not My Baby – Maxine Brown
- Bad Girl – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Track 8 – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Mind Over Matter – Anthony Ramos
- Chemistry – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Jealous Guy (Live at The Bitter End 1971) – Donny Hathaway
- New to Me – Tracee Ellis Ross
- Like I Do – Tracee Ellis Ross & Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- You Send Me (Darkchild Mix) – Kelvin Harrison Jr.
- Love Myself (Film Version) – Tracee Ellis Ross