Hearty ingredients like oats and banana help make these delicious muffins super satiating while chia seeds offer a boost of iron, omegas, and fiber. Healthy fats are represented by coconut oil and plant-based milk. A dash of cinnamon offers anti-inflammatory properties for a deceptively nutritious treat. Add a little maple syrup, and you’ve got a subtle hit of sweetness that will satisfy your sugar cravings without going overboard.
Here’s the easy and delicious recipe from https://www.freshnlean.com/ :
Oat Chia Banana Breakfast Muffin
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 1 1/2 Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 2 tbspChia Seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Plant-Based Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1 tsp Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1 Banana Slices For Topping
COOK TIME: 45 MINUTES
- SERVINGS: 6
- CALORIES: 194g
- CARB: 29g
- FAT: 7g
- PROTEIN: 4g
- Muffin Pan
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt).
- Add the wet ingredients (mashed banana, maple syrup, plant milk, coconut oil, and vanilla).
- Transfer to a muffin pan and (optional) decorate with banana slices.
- Bake in 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.