This July 19th, this stunning celebrity Nutritionist, Mascha Davis MPH, RDN, and author of Eat Your Vitamins (recommended by the Food Network!) wants all keto enthusiasts to Celebrate National Ice Cream Day the low carb way and you might just find yourself on your way to a healthier you!
Ice cream doesn’t have to be loaded with calories to be delicious – see how keto can help aid in weight loss and still be tasty! The keto diet involves drastically reducing your carb intake and replacing it with fat. Since ice cream is generally high in carbs, most of which come from sugar, it typically doesn’t fit into a keto diet.
PRO TIPS FOR BUYING STORE-BOUGHT KETOGENIC ICE-CREAM
- DO read the nutrition labels for carb counts.
- Watch out for these suspect ingredients which can impact blood sugar levels – skim milk, milk, can sugar, tapioca starch/syrup or fiber, vegetable glycerin
- Keto ingredients to look for: cream, erythritol, stevia, monk fruit
- Keep an eye out for discounts and specials as low carb ice cream tends to be more expensive than regular ice cream
PRO TIPS FOR EATING STORE-BOUGHT KETO ICE-CREAM
- Take keto ice cream out of the refrigerator 20-35 minutes before you want to eat it as it is quite hard and takes longer to soften due to the lack of sugar.
- Stick to one serving which is usually about a half cup