Hard Rock International Kicks Off PINKTOBER Campaign In San Diego~by Audra Stafford for California Life!Friday, October 21st, 2011
Hard Rock International’s PINKTOBER™ campaign to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the Caron Keating Foundation and in San Diego, Susan G. Komen For the Cure, celebrates its 12th Anniversary this year.
Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is hoping to triple its donation to the cause through the following initiatives:
- Pink Sheets - Hard Rock Hotel San Diego has outfitted select guestrooms with pink sheets embroidered with breast cancer ribbons. During the month, 25% of the nightly rate of these rooms will be donated to breast cancer research.
- Melissa Etheridge Signed Guitar – A pink Fender signed by music legend Melissa Etheridge was raffled off at the Pink Party.
- 207/Float/Maryjane’s – Hard Rock Hotel’s nightclubs and Maryjane’s restaurant are offering several limited-time pink cocktails with partial proceeds benefitting the cause.
- Rock Spa - Rock Spa will offer Frangipani Sugar Scrub, with partial proceeds benefitting the cause.
- Pinktober Clothing and Accessories - For those who want to communicate their support of the cause; the hotel’s Rock Shop carries signature pink merchandise through October including t-shirts, pins, robes and sheets.
This year’s campaign kicked off with a special Pink Party at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, hosted by television personality Kelly Osbourne.
Click on the video below to find out what inspired Osbourne to get involved: