The nighttime spectacular “World of Color – Season of Light” returns in 2019, adding to the holiday magic at the Disneyland Resort. Guests will celebrate the season with this enchanting performance that brings together favorite holiday classics with beloved moments from Disney and Pixar animated films, at Disney California Adventure Park. This production of “World of Color” lights up holiday memories with brilliant lighting, lasers and high-definition projections, plus more than 120 characters from 30 Disney and Pixar animated films, including favorite “Frozen” sisters Anna and Elsa who are getting ready for the release of “Frozen 2” in theaters on Nov. 22, 2019.
“World of Color – Season of Light” can be enjoyed by all during Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, from Nov. 8, 2019, through Jan. 6, 2020.
- The magnificent score that accompanies “World of Color–Season of Light” was recorded in sessions in London and Nashville.
- The soundtrack of sing-along worthy tunes features popular musical artists performing favorite holiday songs, including:
- “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
- “Let It Snow” by Dean Martin
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Amy Grant
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
- “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano
- “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies” by Pentatonix
- “Wizards in Winter” by Transiberian Orchestra
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley
- “Let There Be Peace on Earth” by Heather Headley
- At the captivating opening of “World of Color – Season of Light,” the last leaves of fall give way to the arrival of winter as Mickey and his pals begin to decorate their homes for Christmas.
- This holiday spectacular highlights classic themes that capture the magic of the season. Themes include:
- Snow: The Frost Fairies from “Fantasia” create a shimmering winter wonderland.
- Love and Romance: Favorite Disney fairytale couples show the meaning of true love as their romance brings warmth to the holiday season.
- Family and Home: The holiday season is filled with family memories to last a lifetime. From Andy’s family in “Toy Story” to a “Mele Kalikimaka” with Stitch and his ‘Ohana’ and a “Feliz Navidad” from the Three Caballeros, this story demonstrates that these precious family moments are cherished for years to come.
- The Nutcracker: The dancing hippos, ostriches, elephants and alligators from Disney’s “Fantasia” add a comical moment to this performance as they dance to the holiday classic of Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” ballet.
- Lights: All is merry and bright as Goofy prepares his holiday light display — until his over-the-top spectacle short circuits, leading to a “Blue Christmas” with Sadness from Disney and Pixar’s “Inside Out.”
- Peace on Earth: In the enchanting finale, the lagoon is illuminated with the light of hope, leaving guests filled with the spirit of peace, joy and goodwill that will last throughout the holiday season.
Lighting & Projection
- Five barges erupt in a brilliant lighting effect to create the grand finale for “World of Color–Season of Light,” filling the lagoon with a magical glow that lights up the night.
- More than 800 individual light fixtures illuminate the show and bring it to life.
- The stunning effects of the show are created through the use of four laser projectors.
- The delightful seasonal images of the production are displayed on the water through the use of almost 20 high-definition projectors.
- The 3.5 acres of Paradise Bay lagoon sets the stage for “World of Color—Season of Light” as nearly 15 million gallons of water and more than 1,200 fountains bring the show to life.
- The tables on which the fountains and other equipment sit comprise nearly one full acre of engineered superstructure, longer than a football field and capable of three position levels: one for performance, one completely submerged and one for maintenance.
- More than 18,000 points of control for lighting, color intensity, water angle, height, and more are located on a vast underwater grid.
- The fountain heights during the show start at 30 feet and can reach up to 200 feet in the air, 50 feet taller than the Pixar Pal-A-Round.
- A wall of water 390 feet wide and 50 feet high creates a projection surface of 19,000 square feet for the show, making it one of the world’s largest projected water screens.
World of Color Highlights and History
- “World of Color – Season of Light,” which debuted in 2016, is the fourth of six productions to take place on Paradise Bay at Disney California Previous shows were:
- The original “World of Color” (2010)
- “World of Color – Winter Dreams” (2013)
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” (2015)
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” (2017)
- “Villainous” (2019, an all-new “World of Color” spectacular that debuted exclusively for the new separate-ticket Halloween event, Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party)
- “World of Color” received the 2010 Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) Award for Outstanding Achievement–Nighttime Spectacular, for being “a visual and technical marvel.”