This Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Bread recipe is sure to be a favorite this Thanksgiving.
Amber Pankonin, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist based in Nebraska, shared the recipe on her web site – Stirlist.
- 1.5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 TB butter, melted
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB stevia sugar blend for baking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Spray a 9 x 5 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Set aside.
- Combine mashed sweet potato, peanut butter, eggs, butter, stevia blend and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and top with chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes and remove from oven.
This recipe makes 12 servings and has 2 grams of dietary fiber plus 5 grams of protein.