Miss riding with Carnival? No worries, we bring Carnival’s famous cheesecake recipe to you, until we meet (with Carnival) again soon.
- 8 cups of cream cheese
- 1.25 cups of sugar
- 14 eggs
- 2 cups of sour cream
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 tsp of flour
- 1 tbsp of melted milk powder
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1.25 cups of finely crushed graham crackers
- Begin with the crust by mixing the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered spring form pan, line the sides to about 1.5 inches up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- (Remember, all the filling ingredients should be at room temperature) Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
- Add sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg
- Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into the spring form pan.
- Place pan in the middle of an over preheated to 325 degrees fahrenheit for an hour and 15 minutes.
- When time is up, turn oven off, open the door and leave in oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool, refrigerate for 24 hours.
(Tip: A cheesecake should season, the wait is worth it, and the flavor ripens and becomes enriched.)