Travelers looking for unforgettable holiday trips in Europe this year should look no further than Insight Vacations’ immersive Christmas Markets and Northern Lights tours – with exclusive access to iconic attractions, city tours hosted by locals, and collection of sustainable MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experiences.
- A private, guided exploration of Schönbrunn Palace – Stand beneath frescoed ceilings, crystal chandeliers and gilded Rococo frames where Mozart performed as a child prodigy.
- Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heartwarming Glühwein.
- Salzburg city tour with local – With a Local Expert, see Mozart’s family home and the 500-year-old Christmas Market in front of the cathedral.
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle led by a local historian.
- Salzburg Glühwein Tasting – At the Christmas Market, meet a local stallholder and taste the delicious gingerbread with a fragrant cup of Glühwein.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® EXPERIENCE- Viennese Waltz Dance Lesson: In Vienna, listen to the musical masterpiece of Mozart and learn the Viennese Waltz, in an inclusive workshop designed to support the visually impaired community. Unique to Insight Guests, ‘Dancing without Barriers’ takes place in the dark, in a specially designed sensory studio, and will be a unique experience for all your senses. This specifically designed workshop focuses on inclusion and education around the topic of visual impairment. Through their foundation the organization supports children from disadvantaged family and children with a visual impairment.
- Meet a Local Artist in Ljubljana– The magic of Christmas comes to life as you meet Urban Modic, the esteemed artist who designs Ljubljana’s Christmas lights. Learn what it takes to light up the city and enthral the crowds.
- Visit Postojna Cave – Enter by mini-train into these world-famous cave systems, before walking through an illuminated fairyland of stalactites and stalagmites
- Bratislava Christmas Market Food Tour – An avid foodie takes you around the market on a Christmas food tour
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience –Meet a Sami Family at their Reindeer Camp in Tromsø: Delve into the fascinating history of Scandinavia in Tromsø. Norway has recognized its Sami population as indigenous and has special rules for the protection of Sami cultural heritage. A Sami family welcomes you into their reindeer camp to share their traditions, culture and history, and to enjoy an evening of dinner and games, and shares their traditions, culture and history.
- Meet Trine and her Huskies in Alta– Meet Trine and her huskies. Learn about the Alaskan huskies and the challenges they are facing competing in the marathon long Arctic dog sled races. Indulge in a delectable oven-baked Highlight Dinner, before meeting the dogs themselves.
- NORTHERN LIGHTS SPECIAL STAY – at Aurora Village in Ivalo, Finland: The boutique Aurora Village provides the best chance to witness the spectacular Northern Lights, all from the comfort of your private cabin! The laser heated panoramic glass ceiling ensures your personal sky views aren’t obstructed by ice or snowfall, while the in-room facilities allow you to enjoy the dancing Aurora Borealis over a cup of tea or coffee
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience- Hellisheiði Geothermal Power Plant Visit: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station in Hellisheidi, the second largest of its kind in the world. During this Make Travel Matter experience learn why Hellisheidavirkjun is a world leader in the utilisation of geothermal energy.
- MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® experience -Sample Rye Bread at a Geothermal Bakery in Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground. Using sustainable practices and only Icelandic ingredients, the bakery contributes to preserving the pristine and unspoiled nature of Iceland.
- Meet a Local Family at a Tomato Farm in Fridheimar – Explore a local farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes. Meet the family to learn about Icelandic horticulture and growing the tastiest tomatoes, all the while respecting the surrounding nature.
- Borganes Icelandic Settlement Center Visit– Learn about Iceland’s history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Center with your Local Expert.
- Search for the Northern Lights in Reykjavik
- Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world. Visit Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls, See the Hekla and Eyjafjallajokull Volcanoes.