Last evening, the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum celebrated the opening of its newest exhibition Kacey Musgraves: All of the Colors. The exhibit traces the musical journey of Kacey Musgraves, an artist who is creating her own non-traditional, but successful, path. The exhibit officially opens today, July 2, 2019, and runs through June 7, 2020.
“To be given my own space in a building that is full of such rich history is something I don’t take lightly. I didn’t think it would make me super emotional but to see everything laid out in a physical sense…in a physical timeline from birth to today…it’s a really nostalgic and beautiful feeling for me because there’s so much that you forget. I’m somebody that gets really focused and excited about what’s right in front of me, and then I check it off and move on to the next thing. There’s a lot that gets lost in the blur of all the busyness, but there’s a lot to be celebrated and a lot to be remembered so…it’s really a special moment,”said Musgraves.
During the opening reception, Kyle Young, the museum’s CEO, reflected on Musgraves’ trailblazing career thus far.
“Kacey Musgraves is both an artist and a star, and her stardom is predicated on her artistry,”said Young.
Items featured in Kacey Musgraves: All of the Colors include stage wear, handwritten lyrics and personal artifacts. Some highlights:
- Tip jar used by Musgraves and Tatum when they performed as yodeling duo Texas Two Bits
- Detention notice received for “continuous classroom disruption” during high school
- Manuscript for “Fallin’,” a song written by Musgraves with Miranda Lambert
- Manuscript for “Slow Burn,” written by Musgraves and the co-producers of her album Golden Hour, Daniel Tashian and Ian Fitchuk
- Multi-frilled Giambattista Valli Haute Couture ball gown in tulle «Rose Pivoine » with crystal bow worn by Musgraves to the 2019 Academy Awards
The museum will also host a conversation with Musgraves this coming Saturday, July 6, 2019, at 2 p.m. in the CMA Theater. Musgraves will share personal stories and memories associated with the artifacts included in Kacey Musgraves: All of the Colors.