New Summer Events Include Viva La Fiesta, Pride Celebration, and Flavors of the World Food Festival
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. — May 16, 2023 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed Thrill Capital of the World, today announced a new lineup of exciting events at the theme park and neighboring water park, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, which officially opens for the season on Saturday, May 27. The theme park, now open daily for the summer season, brings fun to life with Viva La Fiesta and Flavors of the World, featuring exciting new entertainment, expansive new culinary offerings and more for thrill-seekers of all ages. At the water park, guests 18 and older can celebrate Pride Month during the new and exclusive Pride Celebration After-hours Splash Party.
“We’re excited to be expanding our summer line up with all-new events and entertainment at both the theme park and water park,” said Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor Park President Don McCoy. “It’s the perfect time of year to embrace our Los Angeles roots with new food festivals that bring different cultures to life and something new for guests to experience. Our new Pride event at Hurricane Harbor is just another way for us to show our love and commitment to our local communities, providing a fun and safe place for guests to celebrate,” he added.
A celebration of cultures from North and Latin America come to life at Six Flags Magic Mountain during Viva La Fiesta with ten days of festive music, delicious food, crafts for kids and more. On Saturdays and Sundays now through June 11, guests can join in festivities including:
- Themed Areas & Décor – Embrace the cultures of North and Latin America in six uniquely themed areas around the park featuring vibrant colors through papel picado décor, floral photo backdrops and more;
- Exciting Entertainment – Immerse yourself in the celebration with live DJs playing festive music, salsa dancing, crafts for kids and more; and
- Festive Flavors – Savor the flavors of traditional and cultural-inspired sweet and savory food and drinks including sopes, elote, empanadas, paletas, mangonadas, agua frescas and so much more.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 16 through August 13, the newly developed Flavors of the World food festival takes foodie-lovers on a culinary trip around the globe with an assortment of specialty foods, desserts and beverages. The adventure and thrills for guests of all ages includes:
- Mouthwatering Menus – Sip and sample distinct dishes and exclusive beverages from seven different countries around the world including Italy, India, Korea, China, Greece, France, and the Caribbean; and
- Music & Entertainment – Let the sounds of the world surround you as you enjoy festive music, dancing and live DJs during this cultural celebration.
For more information regarding events at Six Flags Magic Mountain, visit sixflags.com/magicmountain/events.
Located just next door to the theme park, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor opens for the season on select days starting Memorial Day Weekend. Southern California’s most thrilling water park offers more than 25 unique rides and speed slides, family splash areas and so much more for water lovers of all ages.
In honor of Pride Month, guests 18 years and older can spread the love during the new Pride Celebration After-hours Splash Party taking place June 3, 10, 17 and 24 from 9:00pm – 1:00am. The water park celebration includes:
- Exclusive After-hours Access – Splash in the water park after hours during this special-ticketed Pride Celebration;
- Immersive Theming – Step into the Electric Jungle and become one with the Aurora Tribe as you’re painted with electric glow body paint, the mark of inclusion into the black-lit jungle;
- Two Water Attractions – Party in the Forgotten Sea Wave Pool as the music and energy fills the air or let sparks fly on the daring speed slides of Black Snake Summit;
- Exciting Entertainment – Join in the celebration and feel the beat of the music as live DJs play favorite top hits in two exclusive dance areas; and
- Specialty Food & Drinks – Indulge in festive food and drink offerings, including a selection of specialty mixed drinks and more.
All guests, including Pass Holders, that attend the Pride Celebration After-hours Splash Party must purchase an event-specific ticket and be over the age of 18. General admission includes after-hours event access starting at 8:30pm, complimentary parking and a souvenir gift. For those looking for a more premium experience, a limited number of VIP packages will be available each night. VIP packages include a private reserved seating area, bottle service and much more.
For more information regarding Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, including park operating days and hours, or events including the Pride Celebration After-hours Splash Party, visit sixflags.com/hurricaneharborla.
Six Flags Season Passes
The Six Flags Memorial Day Pass Sale is happening now! For a limited time, receive a free upgrade to a Platinum Pass and enjoy thrills all season with visits to Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles, plus parking, admission to Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park, several new events and celebrations in 2023, and so much more. Visit sixflags.com/magicmountain for details.
Six Flags Jobs
Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor are currently hiring all positions for the summer season, including lifeguards, maintenance mechanics, entertainment actors and technicians, human resources, and more. Team Members receive in-park discounts, rewards and recognitions, exclusive Team Member events, and more. Applicants, age 14 and older, can apply online at sixflagsjobs.com.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For nearly 62 years, Six Flags has entertained hundreds of millions of guests with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Magic Mountain
Six Flags Magic Mountain, known as the Thrill Capital of the World, boasts 20 world-class roller coasters—more than any other theme park on the planet—and is home to more than 100 rides, games, and attractions, including roller coaster icons like Twisted Colossus, Tatsu, Full Throttle, and X2.
About Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, a 22-acre water park located next door to Six Flags Magic Mountain, features over 1.5 million gallons of water in a tropically themed paradise. Enjoy two of the tallest full-enclosed speed slides in Southern California, a relaxing 1,300-foot river cruise, a wave pool, an interactive lagoon, and a splashy kid’s play area. The water park operates seasonally May-September.